Long and Strong: A Hair Guide

Every girl has been there, the painstakingly long process of growing out hair. Whether it's due to a hair cut gone wrong or an overdose of chemicals, we can all relate to how frustrating this process can be. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gone on a google rampage trying to find the quickest way to get my hair back. Well the sad truth is there is no quick fix, but there is a remedy that will make this process far less painful. 
This is the combination that worked for me. Overall good health is the key, but it may take some time to find which products work best for you.

1. Take a multivitamin every day. Make sure to find one that contains biotin. Biotin is the beauty vitamin, it protects your hair and nails to support growth. These Multivites are my favorite. They provide a lot of immune support as well as biotin.

2. Follow a healthy diet and fitness routine. If you read my last post you know that I've been mostly vegetarian for 8 months. This has certainly aided in my hair growth. I also run 2-3 times a week. Whatever you do just make sure to be consistent. 

3. Use products that strengthen and protect your hair. I've found great results in Mane n' Tail. My hair grew almost twice as fast in the first month of use. You also want to use a heat protectant. For you frizzy haired friends I use Smooth by Lakmé. It tames the frizz and protects at the same time.

4. Learn to love your hair... just the way it is. Learn to love the texture and the strangeness. Your best bet is go au natural during this process. The less heat and styling the better. So learning to love your hair is key.


Be sure to tell me your hair stories below as well as any other remedies.

Follow on Bloglovin

Comments