Get Rid of a Cold Naturally


I have been dealing with a nasty bug the past few days (which is why I haven't been posting), but I'm finally starting to feel better. When it comes to colds I've never been big on all the medicinal methods. Not only do I hate putting all that junk in my body, but cold medicines have always made me feel like a drunk. When it comes to over the counter medicines, you end up only treating the symptoms. There's no healing remedy for the cold except to boost the immune system, so I make this my goal every time I start to get sick. A little advice, instead of pumping all those unnatural chemicals into your body, try a more natural method. Here's a few tips that will get you through a cold both quickly and safely.

1. Stay Healthy: You'll have to commit to this one now if you want to fend off those cold viruses. Eating healthy and exercising regularly helps your immune system fight off those pesky attackers.

2. Stay Hydrated: You're eating all your veggies and running marathons, but somehow you still managed to catch a cold. The most important thing is to stay hydrated. Drink water, water, and more water. Stay away from caffeine. If you need a hot beverage go for a decaffeinated tea with honey.

3. Eat Right: Many of us lose our appetite when we have a cold, but its very important to continue to eat normal meals. Make sure to include protein, fiber, and healthy carbohydrates like whole grain bread, pasta, and brown rice.

4. Load Up on Vitamins: Look for a multivitamin with Vitamins D3, C, and B12. A nutritionist once told me that when he feels a cold coming on he starts popping Vitamin D3 every 4-6 hours. It's a major attributor to immune defense.

5. Rest: This one seems like a given, but it's easier said than done. If you're like me you think you can work through a cold, but stress at work can just make things worse. If you have more than just the sniffles give yourself one day off to recuperate. Your body will appreciate it.

There you have it, a drug-free way to kick the cold.

Comments