Summer To-Do List


The school year is almost over, and I'm finally worn out. I don't always get excited to go to work in the morning, but my blues are usually lessened by my students' smiling faces. Except for today. I'm finally over all the "work." I am ready for the summer fun, but I know a week into it the summertime sadness will begin. I'll be bored and lonely since all my friends have year round jobs. So to minimize this depression I've decided to make a fun to-do list.

1. Theme Park Hop: This is a summer time staple, but typically I stick with the mouse. This year I actually want to stay at Universal Studies and take in the magic of Harry Potter as well as the nightlife.

2. Solo Vacation: I thrive on traveling alone. It gives me a sense of independence, and it's an opportunity to challenge myself to try new things.

3. Write: I'll admit this is kind of like work, but it's fun work. I really want to complete more of the book that I'm writing as well as focus some of my time on the blog.

4. Read: I'm looking forward to finishing Allegiant, the third book in the Divergent series. I'm a little worried about what I'll read next though. I like to look for books or a series that makes me feel a part of the story. What's on your summer reading list?

5. Learn: I always challenge myself to learn something new over the summer. I've been teaching myself ASL (American Sign Language), so I'm hoping to become more fluent.

What's on your summer to-do list?


photo credit: hercampus.com

Comments

  1. What a coincidence, I am also planning a trip to the Harry Potter theme park at Universal this summer! I also want to do more art and sewing projects during the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! Summer is a great time to be creative.

      Delete

Post a Comment