Berry Crazy: Summer Recipes

One of my favorite things about summer is the delicious fruits that come into season. Berries are my favorite fruit, and I wait patiently every year for those delicious ripe edibles to find their way into my local grocery. Summer is also my favorite time to cook because all of my favorite recipes have strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. I've already stocked my refrigerator in preparation for the upcoming week and I thought I would share two of my favorite summer meals.

Bonus: These recipes are totally vegetarian!

Berry Couscous
~ Bring two cups of apple cranberry juice to a boil
~ Pour over one cup of plain couscous
~ Cover and let sit for 5 minutes
~ Separate into four bowls.
~ Add your favorite berries, a dollop of yogurt, and a drizzle of honey.


Strawberry Spinach Salad
~ Whisk 3 parts oil and one part balsamic vinegar in a bowl
~ Toss spinach, sliced strawberries, sliced almonds, and chunks of gouda in another bowl
~ Drizzle salad with the oil and vinegar
Bonus: Add avocado

Comments