Simple Homemade Veggie Burgers

My favorite veggie burger of all time is the Vegefi from Burgerfi. If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and devour one. It has a very similar texture to meat and toppings make you nostalgic for backyard barbecues. Even my non-vegetarian friends love this burger and often prefer it to the real thing. I've been trying to find a copycat recipe for the Vegefi for a long time. After much searching I came across one, but the recipe was ridiculous. I'm really not much of a cook (you can tell from my directions below), so I managed to minimize the list of ingredients without minimizing the taste. Here are my Simple Homemade Veggie Burgers

Ingredients:
1 box of Nature's Earthly Choice - Garden Vegetable Quinoa (This brand is my favorite, because all the vegetables are included)
2 eggs
1 cup of breadcrumbs
1/4 cup of shredded gouda
Canola Oil

Directions:
~ Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the box
~ In a medium sized bowl beat eggs
~ Add the quinoa to the bowl and mix
~ Slowly add breadcrumbs to mixture until quinoa is "sticky" enough to form patties
~ Mix in gouda
~ In a frying pan add just enough canola oil to cover the bottom, heat oil until a splash of water "sizzles" in the pan
~ Form patties in your hands and add to the pan (for the perfect texture make patties about 1/2 inch thick)
~ Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until slightly brown
~ Add your favorite toppings (Burgerfi uses white cheddar cheese, tomato, and romaine)
~ Enjoy

Comments

  1. I've gotten really into veggie burgers lately [ground beef is so not my thing...], so thank you for the recipe dear!

    Rachel @ makeshiftmunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment