Weekend in Review: Hipster Hopping

I spend way too much of my free time browsing Tumblr. I always love the faded rustic images. I'm no photographer, but I like recreating some of my inspirations when I get the chance. This weekend I decided to do a bit of hipster hopping around town. I picked out some well known "hipster" hangouts in Orlando and snapped a few shots while enjoying the ambiance of these great locations. You'll have to excuse my stereotyping. I considered calling them urban independent businesses, but that name was too long. If you like rustic decor set in an urban setting around people that have (or at least enjoy talking about) tattoos, these are the places for you. If you are ever in the area be sure to check them out yourself.

Zacch's Barbershop

Normally, going with your boyfriend to get a haircut seems mundane, but this barbershop was worth the visit. Zacch runs a one man shop in Mt. Dora. The place has great appeal, and the haircut is under $15. Now if only a ladies' haircut was that cheap.

Credo
Credo is a well known coffee shop in Orlando. The cool thing about Credo is that it is a registered nonprofit. You choose the amount you want to donate for your coffee and the proceeds go to different projects happening in the community. They also work directly with growers in Guatemala to promote fair trade. Not to mention the coffee is amazing, the people are friendly, and the ambiance is spectacular.

The Ravenous Pig

The Ravenous Pig is a great local restaurant. The menu boasts seasonal foods and yearlong favorites. The pretzels are a great appetizer. They even come with real mustard. I'm not a meat-eater, but my boyfriend got the pork belly which came on a butcher board. The presentation is on point and the food is delicious.

Trader Joe's
I forgot to snap my own pictures of the haul, but we basically went cookie butter crazy. If you haven't tried Trader Joe's cookie butter, I'd almost suggest never trying it. The stuff is seriously addictive, but on the other hand how can you continue living not trying this delicacy? Cookie butter is ground Speculoos cookies (similar to a ginger snap). My favorite cookie butter is the cocoa swirl. This time we even tried the ice cream and cookie butter cups. I'll be regretting that decision later.

Tell me about your favorite local spots in the comments below.

Comments