We Are Pregnant, And It's a...

A few weeks ago, we had the opportunity to announce to the people we love that we were expecting our first child. Those people just happened to be nearly 100 high school students. My husband works full-time with students and I've volunteered as a mentor since we began dating 2 years ago. Although we have a few close friends, those kids make up the majority of our lives. It was amazing to see their faces light up when we made that announcement. It brought me so much joy knowing that they were so joyful for us.



Now we get to spread the news that so many have been waiting for. We are having a boy! From the moment we conceived (for me, even before) Eddie and I both believed we were having boys. Boys run a monopoly in my family and I just had a feeling that our Lil' Schmidt was going to continue this tradition. They say that mother knows best, and somehow I just knew.

It's exciting to be able to share this news with everyone after hearing the many guesses that we would be having a girl. Only a few have guessed correctly. It's also nice for the baby to have more of an identity. I think this will solidify even more for me when we decide on a name, which has been the most difficult part so far. Your suggestions are welcome, but don't be surprised if we don't choose from your list. We're rather picky.

Thank you all for coming along for this journey. We can't wait to share our little guy with you in July.


Comments